- I begin by cleaning my face using a cream based cleanser, 'LUSH Ultrabland' is always my #1 choice, it cleans off EVERYTHING, safe enough for around and on the eye and doesn't leave the skin feeling dried out afterwards.
- Running moderately warm - hot water in the basin, I immerse a few cotton pads in the water and squeeze out the excess and wipe off the cleanser. I tend to hold the warm cotton pads on my eyes for about 5 seconds before wiping off the water. I never put too hot a pad on my eyes - nah uh, the skin is too delicate and thin to burn it away.
- Taking a mild gentle exfoliator, being to exfoliate, keeping away from the eye area. Either 'Elemis Skin Glow Exfoliating Wash*' or 'LUSH Ocean Salt'. I concentrate more on the areas where I tend to get blocked pores or little blackheads. I will really work the scrub for a 1-2 minutes as I don't want my skin to be irritated or red from doing this.
- Here's where I now steam! It depends on what I use, I have an facial steamer but I feel my face is too big and I do prefer a basin or a large bowl because I can really get my head and neck in and get the full benefit. One drop of peppermint essential oil and a tablespoon of sea salt into the boiling water and a towel goes over the top. I will do this for 10 minutes with a break every 2 in between.
- I prefer to use a clay mask rather than a peel to really drag out any impurities within my skin during a facial. There are two I've really enjoyed lately 'Clayspray*' & 'Lumiére De Vie*' but tonight I'm going to use Clayspray. I will leave this until it's dried and will do the ever so typical cucumber slices on the eyes to revive them and feel spa like.
- More often this is when I will use an facial oil. I just like the glow I get after using one and doing this routine.W hile my face is still damp from rinsing the mask off I massage it into my skin so it's not just sitting on my skin. My choice at the moment is 'Agese Oil Face Glow*'
Elemis Skin Glow Exfoliating Wash ReviewI've had this in rotation for a few months now with my regular exfoliator. It's part of the Freshskin range of Elemis for women in their early 20s, the reason I continue to use this wash is because it's gentle and smells amazing. I've had no reactions to it and it gets my skin soft and clean without having to tear at my face to get the grime off. The key ingredients in this scrub are: aniseed, bitter cherry, glycerine, jojoba beeads, mandarin and sweet almond oil. Can I see much of a glow? Doesn't halo glow,skin looks a tad brighter and it feels fresh.
Clayspray Mattifying Red Clay ReviewI'm a fan of clay masks because I enjoy when they dry, them sucking up the dirt and oil from my skin. When my skin becomes oily it's bad but once it's under control that combination skin I'm satisfied with. Red clay contains magnesium and iron, healing and circulating the skin. The idea behind it is to only combine the purest clays and mineral water. It's simple. This pump bottle got a little messy on me, it kept leaking, don't know if it's a bit faulty but it sure made a mess on my faux fur rug. Spray your skin with natural mineral water, making sure it's moist enough for application. Pump onto the tips of my fingers, application is smooth and dries quickly I found, keeping this on for about 10 - 15 minutes before I start to wash this off, when I do this, I rub it around my skin and clean it off. Afterwards the skin just feels normal, not oily, not sore or red, just normal and ready for moisturising. Sucked up most the oil and gave my face a neutral base. It's free from parabens, perfume, preservatives and colourants, hypoallergenic (causes less reactions) not tested on animals & is 95% natural.
Agese Oil Face Glow ReviewAll I can do is start off by saying I love the fresh scent. The aroma of the Peppermint to me is very noticeable, it's gentle on the skin and once it's applied I can smell it over my skin, it's a relaxing scent. I don't just use this at night / during my facial routine but on the days when I'm not wearing make-up or going out, I will put this into my routine. My skin feels awakened, soothed and supple. I use the amount in the dropper, massage onto my palms slightly then apply to my dampened face, really working it in, giving extra attention to the blemishes.
Ingredients are: Jojoba oil, Apricot oil, Lotus essential oil, Peppermint essential oil, Natural Vitamin E oil.
Besides the Apricot & Lotus oil, I've used all the others whenever I do the Oil Cleansing Method. My skin reacts well to oil and the best part is that when I wake up in the morning the face isn't dried out fully, I get around 9 hours of hydration.