about me or the blog?
life · beauty · controversy
Born in the fall of '08, when blogs were not yet the today phenomenon the early days consisted of me documenting a new part of my life, being open and struggling with the current mishaps of life while discovering my new deep found passion for make-up. This became my outlet for a creative mind but troubled soul.
Nominated by Cosmopolitan Magazine for Best Established Beauty Blog in 2011 and 2012, which I went on to win.
This has lead to collaborations and working with reputable brands / press coverage can be viewed here .
Over the years my blog has evolved but I felt the blog lost the reason as to why it was voted to win to begin with.
I had to take a step back and remember that this blog is my own space and I want to show more of me to my readers.
As much as I love hair & beauty, I like to voice my opinions on other topics. Look at this blog as being in my brain.
- good luck.
I'm a content creator & makeup artist.
‣ Life : minimalism, meditation, art therapy, juicing, vegetarian.
‣ Art : frida kahlo, jean michel basquiat, keith haring.
‣ Reading : forever been an interest of mine. Mostly I read biographies / crime / contemporary horror / history.
‣ Music : music taste is formed in the womb. Genres I like rap / country / lovers rock / reggae / rock / r&b / neo soul.
‣ Writing : duh! I've got a blog but my love for writing came young. I use to write fiction & poems when younger and sell them.
‣ Creating : all around, being creative keeps my mind going. Take it back to MySpace it moulded my CSS / HTML brain.
‣ Telly : t.v. didn't raise me but I sure live that life. South park / bob's burgers / sons of anarchy / american horror story / the simpsons / empire / chewing gum / anything on crime & investigation 'n id....& trash.
‣ Others : madonna moulded my no inhibitions, marilyn is my lost soul, lisa bonet is my boho mum but zoë kravitz is my spirit animal, sade showed me fame. skull collector, animals, faux leather, black, grey, nude & white, plants, horror films, beetlejuice, white sheets, natural beauty, diy beauty,