So I joke constantly that sooner or later we're going to have a whole alphabet of these creams BB - CC - DD - EE-, you get my drift. I was so BB'd out last year was just never ending and I was unsure whether I wanted to try the CC craze but decided, well can't knock it until I try it. Enter No7 Youthful CC Cream.
Unfortunately it looks that this Colour Corrector, Complete Correction or Complexion Correction only comes in two shades light & medium and I'm wearing medium that suits my NC40/42 (yes that unfortunate blend) skin to a T. I suffer from uneven skin and pigmentation - boo! I wouldn't say it makes them disappear like a magic wand but it helped to soften the appearance. The photo below is raw and as I am. Nothing touched! I still had to conceal my under eyes. The ease of application, my moisturiser had already been absorbed so I used my hands to let it warm and apply. Gives me about 8 hours before it starts to wear and the oil begins to shine through on my forehead. Kind of illuminates the center of my face after I've bronzed around and framed the face.
Of course a product isn't without it's benefits and this CC cream has a few of it's own such as:
- Light diffusing soft focus pigments which helps to even your skin tone and correct uneven pigmentation.
- Hyalouronic Acid a light moisturiser that helps to make the skin feel hydrated, look brighter and give an instant, youthful radiance. Firming Complex + this helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles in just 4 weeks by boosting collagen and elastin leaving the skin feeling firmer.
- Antioxidant Complex this helps protect the skin from the damaging effects of smoke, pollution and the sun - something we all need help with daily.
- SPF15 and UVA5* provides advanced protection against future ageing by protecting the skin against the ageing effect of the sun
- Vitamins A&C helps normalise skin cell production and energise the skin cells leaving the surface of the skin looking smoother and younger.
real women, like us. No professional models who are used to being in front of the camera and being exposed to different make-up all the time. These are women who like many of us might not be so curious as to go outside of our comfort zone and I do feel that with make-up it can be a daunting experience. Yet if there is one thing I have discovered is that, make-up can give someone that extra appeal they seek but don't use it as a mask.
So I'd give this an B+ only because it would be good if it was available in more shades. I'd like companies to keep in mind we're not all going to be able to fit into 2-3 shades a range. So here's to hoping. I think as the dark days come in and my skin tone will get slightly paler and my skin will knowing it, change type, therefore I'm looking to see how it works out further into the colder months before thinking about a future purchase. Admittedly I found the application quicker than foundation, nothing needed touching up or correcting, so it could be a good one to have to hand but I'll have to see in all honesty.
What do we think ladies? On the Youthful CC Cream path?