What is Phyto?Phyto definition is plant. *cues record - oil fanatic* Plant derived oils are my saviour, nothing benefits my skin as much as when I oil my skin, I will use an oil after my moisturiser, it's the last thing that'll use. My skin looks healthy, glowy and unproblematic. When this oil was introduced to me, already being a fan of the Dermalogica brand *I keep it in my pro makeup kit*, it was a no-brainer to try it out.
Key ingredients in Phyto Replenish Oil include:
- Camellia japonica – often called the “rose of winter” and derived from a small flowering tree native to Korea and Japan, this antioxidant oil helps strengthen the skin barrier and provides wrinkle-reducing benefits such as stimulating collagen and inhibiting MMPs.
- Tamanu oil - extracted from the ati tree (a.k.a. “the tree of one thousand virtues”) native to the South Pacific Islands. The phytoactives in this oil are potent antioxidants which inhibit the breakdown of lipid-rich cell membranes from free radicals.
- Chia seed oil - provides antioxidant protection and a concentrated delivery of fatty acids which helps hydrate while soothing dry, itchy skin.
- Orchid flower extract - repairs, protects and locks in moisture whilst helping to balance skin’s natural moisturising factor (NMF).
- Hyaluronic acid - hydrates whilst providing antioxidant and anti-irritant properties.
- Sunflower seed oil - a rich source of tocopherols (Vitamin E) which are yellow carotenoids, providing antioxidant properties, key to preserving the skin’s protective barrier and defending against free radical damage.
- Rice bran oil – rich in Vitamins B and E, this extract moisturises, helps protect against UV rays and free radicals and aids in cellular circulation.
Purchase: Phyto Replenish Oil