Darker than dark..on my skin!?
I'm not a watcher of TOWIE..never have and it's probably likely I never will - I think personally I'm fading on 'reality' shows and even though I don't watch them the 'stars' of the show are featured in a lot of magazines and online articles it's hard to not know who they are.
When I was asked to review the new "Lauren's Way Self Tanning Mousse" I thought well why not - there's not much sun around to catch a tan and even though before I couldn't tan the natural way I managed to this year during our short heat wave.
Not a big tanner either I had done it some years back using the Garnier or Loreal tanning sprays and the tango effect was of course hideous [this post seems on the 'never' side] + it's very rare I see a 'good' fake tan (oxymoron perhaps) and people with olive - medium skin tone do we really need to tan?!
I was sent Lauren's Way Darker than dark along with an application mitt. The steps are pretty straight forward :
- For an even tan you need clean, smooth skin. Ensure that you exfoliate first with Lauren’s Way Body Polish paying particular attention to dryer areas such as elbows, knees, ankles and feet.
- Apply a small dab of Lauren’s Way Tan Enhancing Moisturiser to dryer areas including eyebrows and hairline before applying the tan.
- Dispense the mousse on to a mitt or use gloves and sweep from top to toe making sure all skin is well covered.
- Wash palms with soap and water thoroughly after use.
- Wait for 60 seconds or more before getting dressed.
- Try to not to get wet or sweaty for at least four hours after application.
- Moisturise daily and gently exfoliate with Lauren’s Way Body Polish every three days to ensure your tan fades evenly.
I did all this before bed after exfoliating with a not so moisturising exfoliator I began the tanning process...either I'm not use to the smell of fake tan but I don't like it, it's not a potent smell but personally it's not a smell I enjoy.
Once waiting for my skin to dry I washed my hands of any traces of the tan that seeped in. I got dressed 10 minutes later. It says wait 60 seconds or more so I opted for the more yet it still got on my clothes.
Waking up in the morning I felt as if I had been tangoed in all honesty. I thought forget the exfoliating every 3 days. It will be a daily / nightly procedure - wanting this tanrange to end. I did a look that same day for the blog and once the flash was on this is how my face looked....
My face looked like that but my feet looked heavily orange and dark - (un)fortunately I didn't snap them but 4 days later my legs look slightly more normal. It's starting to fade and don't look or bright as they first did. Dare I say more natural looking:
I personally feel for me tanning is just an extra addition to my routine that I probably don't need to involve with my skintone I'm happy not to tan ( maybe the wash on - wash off ) a little bit of chosen golden wonders.
Purchase : Tanning Mousse | Tanning Mitt
Price : £19.95 | £3.99
· c/o sample