The packaging is simple enough, has a plastic clear clasp flip lid. For the price, the packaging does give off a budget vibe, there's no frills with it all, simple enough with the logo on the lid.
I love the way this feels, it's incredibly smooth & dry to swatch, it glides on the fingers, as well as on the skin. It's easy to dust on like a pressed powder and build upon for intensity. It looks like a frosty cream - gives me a meringue vibe but feels soft and light like a powder.
I find this to be a semi sheer to a near opaque depending on how much you build on it. The pigmentation is high up there, I don't find this to be glittery or emphasizes pores, it's has a shimmer not very frosty that gives a good glow when it catches the light. I used a large fan brush and sweeped it across the cheeks.
44 pages of expert-led advice and tried and tested reviews
A history of brushes and tools
The pros and cons of natural and synthetic brushes
The tools and applicators that will revolutionise your beauty routine
The best methods, gadgets and products for brush cleaning
The latest makeup brush and tool development and technology set to change the face of
Reading the brush guide section, some I already own but it also showed me some other companies that have brushes I didn't consider previously but I'll definitely be looking into more but sometimes fingers work best which I find can be the case, the product warms up with your body heat and seems to blend and apply softly but if it's not totally your thing, you'll find a perfect brush for your foundation, contour to even a smudge brush...and how about how to use the fan brush, I think if you want to buy a brush wardrobe with the essentials view this guide it's also shoppable, click the icon available within the e-guide & it'll take you straight to a website to purchase, the work's done for you. Into new make-up tools that are shaking up the norm? Check out the section on Trailblazing Tools.
I have had make-up brushes from 2008 / 2009 until now that are still serving me well, I think how they're made and how also you care for them helps in the longevity of a brush. This has a detailed way to clean your brushes and even brush cleaning tools & if you've kept your ear to the grapevine you may have seen the day has come that a machine will now clean your brushes but is it worth it? This guide already has already helped my make up my mind. It's a well composed guide, very informative and it's all you need right now to get straight to the point.
The range features over 900 colours globally designed to bring confidence to women every day, I know when I look at my nails that are freshly done, in a colour I love, I feel so much better having manicured, perfect nails and I'm sure that's the same for other women also but that moment can be captured forever by Rankin in a secret location in Central London on Tuesday 17th May 2016. Colour confident women across the country will be able to have their Diva moment.
VIP treatment from beginning to end, Essie manicurists will tend to your nails and hair and make-up professionally done for this once in a lifetime photoshoot with Rankin - I'm jealous already.
Shades On // Off Tropic // Sunshine State of Mind // Pool Side Service // High Class Affair // Lounge Lover
To enter all you have to do is : Follow Essie on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and upload your best nailfie (nail selfie) using the #essiexrankin & @essieuk - simple huh!
Here's a few tips from top manicurist Rita Remark so this nailfie can be the best:
· Before painting your nails, clean thoroughly with soap and water to remove all dirt and residue from your nails…it also doesn’t hurt to use a bit of hand sanitizer too
· Always use a base coat – not only does it anchor your polish, but it also protects your nails like a shield. This is an essential step for the perfect mani!
· Remember nobody’s perfect! If you colour outside of the lines, just take a make-up brush dipped in a little bit of nail polish remover, and it wipes away like it never happened. Just make sure you remember to wash it thoroughly before using it again!
Read more here and the t&cs
Basically get un-ready. I like to do half of my face routine, I take off my face with this Alorée Fresh Micellar Water Purifier, it takes off my make-up effortlessly, skin doesn't feel dry afterwards just wish it was more accessible, cleanse and end with a multi-mask before moving onto the next step. Mint Julep Masque for my oily parts (t-zone & cheeks) Black peeling mask (nose; budget and effective) Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores (elsewhere)
When I don't have to do anything for a few, it's the opportunity to do the nails, as I'm still in my current nude/natural nail phase Essie Limo-scene is applied onto my nails, once my nails are dry which takes less than 20 minutes, I apply Champneys As Good As New - Harmonious Hands Restoring Hand & Nail Cream SPF 15, okay let me tell you why this is a straight given, it's got SPF in it, if there's one part of our body we forget daily with sun exposure, it's our hands. So finding one with SPF in, is important to prevent any sun damage. It comes in a screw top tube, I pretty like that. It absorbs quickly, doesn't leave a wet or heavy residue and has a mild soothing scent to it, nothing overpowering. It contains chamomile, orange, mandarin and vitamins A, C,E & B5 - where can I go wrong. I've even lathered up my hands and popped on moisturising gloves for the moisturiser to heat slightly and penetrate deeper into the skin.
Take 10. Switch off electronics & jot down what's on my mind, feeling to aim for some new goals, get something off the mind for me it's better to write it down as it gives me something to look back on and tick off. Also getting some feelings and thoughts out, reflect for self improvement.
As always a top tip, a 15 - 20 min bubble bath. Set the mood, playlist, candles if you want, by now I would of removed my multi-masks. I like to take this time to do a exfoliating body scrub using a cloth, gets rid of all the dead skin, I never knew I had sitting there, it's gross but so satisfying when the skin feels illegally smooth. Once out, I've been using this Champneys Summer Dream Rewarding Butter Souffle, upon body heat, it melts in the hand but I don't find it to be greasy it fairs well with getting rid of dryness. The smell is fruity, the mood – enhancing products will renew and restore from the inside out although the scent doesn't linger on the skin but I find that it doesn't do a bad job of keeping the skin moisturised. It can't be faulted. They are the perfect products when you need a Champneys spa experience in the comfort of your own home. The products allow me to feel fully transformed and renew me from skin to soul.
Well besides Drew Barrymore in Scream, her night in with the popcorn on the fire, wasn't ideal but hey what's a night in without some food to indulge in. Cliché eating ice-cream from the tub, !!!nothing!!! says night in like lounging & eating out the tub, popcorn and crisps. I've been loving these Burts lentil waves available from Waitrose, I was sent these at the start of the year and they're worth the half hour Waitrose trip -Baleedat. I mixed them into a tupperware - easier to pop a lid on and stop them going stale - and snacked on the lightly salted, sour cream & chive and thai sweet chilli, those are my favs, oh my, you get such a nice kick as you eat those. Light and delicious.
With so much to watch on Netflix, your sure to discover something old & something new and maybe something borrowed if you're bumming the account off someone - I'm not, just to make it clear J. Absolutely Fabulous, which is great for 90s nostalgia and their AbFab film is coming out this Summer, on one of the forums I frequent they mentioned a thriller called "Hush" a scream queen with no voice, she's deaf and mute...it's not bad, different but I like a B horror sometimes, cheesy but gruesome, that...wasn't it. After relaxing in the bath, comfort eating and watching a film, I'm ready for my bed, sweetie!
1. NYX Eyeshadow Base in White.
2. Stageline Sphere Eyeshadow #41 applied on the lid.
3. Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette 'Mind'
- Perception e/s applied on the crease + lower lash line.
4. Lime Crime Pink Velvetine used for the wing liner.
5. Apply Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel -72 on the waterline.
6. Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara
7. Active Cosmetics Glamour Eyelash - Dazzling
Please do use liquid lipstick on your eyes at your own discretion. Other brands have said their liquid lipsticks are safe for eye use Jeffree Star & Kat Von D, I believe but the one place I wouldn't ever put it, is on the waterline.
I decided to do a simple mod cut crease eye with a second liner, I tried to make it all cruelty free products but unfortunately Rimmel test - womp. And I think Inglot, don't test from research.
- Currently loving all over the place brows.
1. In the crease apply Urban Decay DTF // VICE 3 palette.
2. Darken the outer part of the cut crease with Hot Chocolate // Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made palette.
3. Apply Urban Decay Defy // VICE 3 palette using a pencil brush on lower lash line.
4. On the remaining lid space apply Urban Decay Downfall // VICE 3 palette.
5. Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner, for the winged liner.
6. Under the eyeliner wing, INGLOT AMC Eyeliner Gel - 93.
7. Rimmel Scandal Eyes - Nude along waterline.
8. Kevin Aucoin Volume Mascara on upper & lower lashes.
Fairydrops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara is not just a mascara with visible benefits but nourishing ones too with squalene, jojoba seed oil, panthenol, hydrolised collagen and moisturising hyaluronic acid within the ingredients. This mascara also promises to keep your lashes curled and in position all day thanks to film-forming polymers. I have a habit of using curlers no matter what but I have to say with some mascara's I will curl my lashes and it'll droop over the hours whereas this one is holding up pretty well 5 hours later. There wasn't any clumping and I used 2 - 3 coats on my lashes and it doesn't look over applied in my opinion.
1. Use the NYX Eye Shadow Base - White as the shadow base.
2. Across the crease apply a peach shade Lime Crime Venus Palette - Rebirth or Makeup Geek - Mango Tango.
3. From the centre of the peach shade downwards use a copper such as Makeup Geek - Roulette or the 9th shade in the Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Sunset palette and blend out.
4. On the lid I applied Makeup Geek Bada bing and on top Makeup Geek - Roulette.
5. In the tear duct, Makeup Geek - Casino.
6. Lower lash line Glo&Ray Eyebrow Pencil in Terra Brown and using a pencil brush Makeup Geek Taupe Notch was lightly smeared on top.
7. Finish with Fairydrops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara.