Marilyn Monroe MAC Collection | 2012 Fall Preview
Monday, August 13, 2012
This has been a post I have been waiting to do, I have been waiting on promo images from when I first read & posted about this collection. Now here it is & I don't quite know how to feel about it....
COLLECTION INCLUDES :
EYESHADOW (LIMITED EDITION)
- How to Marry (veluxe pearl) Soft White
- Preferred Blonde (veluxe pearl) Pale Champagne Beige
- Silver Screen (veluxe pearl) True Silver
- Showgirl (veluxe pearl) Dark Blue Grey
LIPSTICK (limited edition)
- Pure Zen (cremesheen) Hot Nude (permanent)?
- Scarlet Ibis (matte) Bright orange-red (repromote)
- Love Goddess (satin) mid-tone red pink
- Charmed I'm sure (matte) Dark true red
- Deeply Adored (matte) Deep Scarlet
LIPGLASS (limited edition)
- Phiff! - Sheer yellow peach (repromote)
- Little Rock - Soft Sheer White with Pearlized pigments
NAIL LACQUER (limited edition)
- Flaming Rose (cream) True Red
- Stage Red (cream) Dark Berry Red
- Kid Orange (cream) Coral (repromote)
- Rich Rich Rich (pearl) Glittery Gold
- Vintage Vamp (cream) Rich Deep Retro Wine (permanent)
Beauty Powder (limited edition)
- Forever Marilyn (sheer pale peach highlighter)
Powder Blush (limited edition)
- Smolder - Intense Black
- Fascinating - Intense matte White
- Beet - Vivid reddish-pink
- Redd - Clearly red
- Cherry - Vivid bright blue/red
- Clear Brow Finisher (permanent)
- False Lashes Extreme Black - Carbon Black (permanent)
- Penultimate Brow Marker Universal - Natural Warm Taupe-brown (permanent)
- Penultimate Eye Liner Rapidblack - Rich Deep Carbon Black (permanent)
- Lashes (limited edition) #35 Dramatic lash with emphasis on the centre of the lashes
there we have it the Marilyn Collection for MAC.
I'm not really sure on the packaging to be honest, I'm not sure but when I first saw the first image - I thought it was photoshopped in honesty. I doubt white would've make it look any better but I guess it's quite difficult to do a collection where you do want the images on the items without making it look 'cheap'. Then again isn't it more about the product at the end of the day ? (though the packaging does turn you onto it too) Maybe I was looking for them to throw it back, give it a retro feel.
Also don't understand why aren't there any matte eyeshadows ?! I had dreams of swooping up the entire collection for psycho reasons but I think this has now helped dwindle down my list.
Are you looking forward to this collection? What on your list?
VOTE DOLCE VANITY #COSMOBLOGAWARDS "Established Beauty Blog" HERE