Bright make-up doesn't have to be loud!
My post on this may be over a week late but I first broke the news to you in this blog post that Sleek were to launch two new palettes, purely consisting of a matte texture.
I was sent the V1 Brights palette. At first I looked at these colours and thought 'Wow!!' they do take you a back in all it's bright glory and you may wonder what could you do with them now if your not very adventurous it is possible to get a look out of this that can look - mild and everyday wearable.
I have to just point out it's hard for me to find ANY yellow eyeshadow that appears well on my skin..as bright as I want it...this yellow swatch so far has made me fall in love.
First 6 swatches were done on top of UPP - Eden the others were done on top of a concealer.
One thing you may have noticed that's different with the palette is the way the shadows themselves are presented. Sleek always previously had the criss cross "wafer" effect to them :
|This is the 'Au Naturel' palette|
Without them it does make the eyeshadow feel softer and the brush does glide over them - not that it didn't before mind. Just I know some people like myself can be quite anal regarding 'change' with designs on some products. It was something I noticed first off but I can deal with it.
Colour pay off - of course with Sleek as always is a winner and for a drug store brand it once again holds their own against others and high end brands!!
- Now I need to get my hands on the dark version next week - clear winner in my book - any chance of a nude matte palette maybe?!
Now onto the look I done using mostly Sleek products :
|Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up|
- Good Things Miracle Matifing Moisturiser
- VS Primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #54
- Sleek MakeUP Blush - Suede* ( contour )
- Sleek MakeUP Blush - Pan-Tao ( apple )
- Sleek MakeUP Brow Kit - Dark
- Sleek MakeUP Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette*
- Floss ( lid ) Pucker, Pout, Sugarlite & Strike ( crease )
- Dragon Fly ( lower lash line )
- Sleek MakeUP Eau La La Liner - Tonic* ( waterline & upper lid )
- False Eyelashes HKCenterKK
- AVON Glimmerstick Lip Liner - Pink Bouquet
- Sleek MakeUP Lipstick - Candy Cane
- AVON Glazewear Extreme Lip Gloss - Pale Pink Shine
[FOTD has been a long time in coming right?!]