Sigma Travel Kit - Pink
The end of August I received a Sigma Makeup Travel Kit in Pink
Kit Includes :
• Large Powder - F30 - Very dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder products on face and body. Natural bristles.
• Duo Fibre - F50 - Specially designed to generate an ‘airbrushed’ finish when used to apply liquid foundation. It can also be used to apply blush, highlight shades and loose pigments. Blend of synthetic and natural bristles.
• Large Angled Contour - F40 - The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades. Natural bristles.
• Eye Shading - E55 - Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense colour on the eyelid. Natural bristles.
• Concealer - F70 - The rounded, tapered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas. Synthetic bristles.
• Tapered Blending - E40 - Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend colour on the crease. Natural bristles.
• Pencil - E30 - Precise application of colour on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. Natural bristles.
• FREE Foundation - F60
I have been wanting to try Sigma brushes for a long time now. So I am very grateful that I get to try their brushes !! I found that having these travel brushes are quite handy. I don't particularly like to touch up my make-up while I'm out and about but sometimes it is needed! I found that these brushes are handy to have in your handbag.
I started to trade in my Royal & Langnickel foundation brush for the Sigma F50 as I found I used less foundation and yes the foundation did look better using a stipple brush.
They recommend that you pre-wash your brushes before use, which I did and never noticed any shedding or when using. But I did notice some colour run from the black into the white where it goes a bit grey but unless your studying the brushes -( which I was lol ) you wouldn't notice much.
( Eyeshadow & Eyeliner from Urban Decay Naked Palette )
I used primarily just the sigma eyeshadow, pencil & blending brush so what one did I have issue with ?
Unfortunately the pencil brush had quite a bit of shedding, it did shed a bit when I washed it before use. I was looking forward to using the pencil brush shame about the shedding wasn't a fan of having some of the bristles in my eye.
The blending brush reminds me of an angled contour brush ( shape wise ) I find it blends well but if you want a more precise blend might want a more tapered smaller brush.
The eyeshadow brush was one I didn't have problems with nor the actual foundation brush, I tend to find that unless they shed all foundation brushes can be the same. The only one I haven't tried is the concealer brush due to the fact, I don't own a concealer at the moment -( on the hunt for one *sighs )
The powder brush is very firm & soft, I quite like the powder brush and would recommend it.
Angled contour brush is quite firm at the base and soft, you know you can get brushes and they can be quite flimsy all around and don't keep the shape, I experienced no fall either with use or when washing.
So you have the essential brushes that you need but did they all work enough for me while out ?
Duo Fibre brush has to be the winner in the pack along with the powder brush. I was quite disappointed about the pencil brush but they are still handy to have out with you for a slight touch up when needed.
• How Is The Quality Of The Brushes : I'd give the quality a 4.5 / 5 the only reason I took a half point of was due to the shedding but I've encountered worse brushes that are rough and feel more like torture to use than an ease and nice experience to apply make-up.
• Ease Of The Use : They are easy to use being like I said they are soft, they have kept their shape after washes.
• How Useful Are These Brushes : Quite. Handy to pop into your bag when your going out !! Even just to have as a first mini kit, there are key brushes in there so it's a value for money.
• Packaging : Compact and tidy. You have your compartments for your brushes to sit and even a zip area to keep any little other bits such as a small mirror or eyeliner etc. It's got an inside magnetic closing which I personally love as it keeps the bag looking clean and all one look
• Overall Thoughts : I am happy with them. Minor shedding but you can get that with other brushes too so I can't hold that against Sigma at all. That could of been one out of a bunch or good pencil brushes. I'm thinking of investing into more sets as I'd like to see how the rest hold up. Yet this is one to keep for me, perfect for a gift, keep in your bag or just to do your day to day makeup.
Sigma Travel Kit (Pink ) $49.00 / £31.34
You can purchase this kit or other Sigma products from their official website :Sigma Makeup